- To co-sponsor a "Michigan House" with the Habitat for Humanity of Huron Valley affiliate every year for a family in the Ann Arbor or Ypsilanti community.
- To expose the student community to the importance of community service and the mission of Habitat for Humanity through educational awareness events.
- To provide University of Michigan students an opportunity to volunteer each week and assist in the actual construction of the house.
- To foster a community centered on service amongst the Core and volunteer pool through social events and monthly meetings.
- To sponsor and organize a Collegiate Challenge trip every year for interested volunteers and Core members.
- To fundraise year-round to raise funds for the "Michigan House".
- To sponsor a Habitat home outside the United States each year.
1996 Habitat for Humanity at the University of Michigan (HFHUM) founded by then first-year graduate student, Michael A. Carr, and sophomore, Eric J. Allenspach.
1999 First student-built house made possible with the help of grants totaling $40,000 from Johnson & Johnson and Best Buy Co.
2002 & 2003 Habitat for Humanity International Best Practice Chapter Status.
2013 HFHUM attained the Ginsberg Student Initiative Grant from the University of Michigan Ginsberg Center.
2014 Chapter became an affiliate of Habitat for Humanity of Huron Valley.