Founded in 1996, Habitat for Humanity at the University of Michigan is proud to be a Campus Chapter that is partnered with local affiliate Habitat for Humanity of Huron Valley. Our aim is to mobilize University of Michigan students to aid in efforts of providing simple, decent, and affordable housing to low-income families in our local community and internationally.
- To cosponsor a "Michigan House" with the Habitat for Humanity of Huron Valley affiliate every year for a family in the Ann Arbor or Ypsilanti community.
- To expose the student community to the importance of community service and the mission of Habitat for Humanity through educational awareness events.
- To provide University of Michigan students an opportunity to volunteer each week and assist in the actual construction of the house.
- To foster a community centered on service amongst the Core and volunteer pool through social events and monthly meetings.
- To sponsor and organize a Collegiate Challenge trip every year for interested volunteers and Core members.
- To fundraise year-round to raise funds for the "Michigan House".
- To sponsor a Habitat home outside the United States each year.
Address: 4231 Michigan Union, 530 South State Street, Ann Arbor, MI 48109
Office: 4231 Michigan Union
Looking to Donate?
If you are interested in making a donation, there are several methods to choose from. You can make an online donation by clicking on the "Donate" button on our home page. You may also mail checks to our address listed above with the check made out to "Habitat for Humanity." If you are a business that would like to support us, please email our Chief of Corporate Sponsorship at firstname.lastname@example.org. Thank you!